Last updated: January 23, 2014
1. Collecting Information
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- When you agree to place an order with us, in which case we may request your contact details, and how you will pay for the order
- When you contact us with an inquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, the data may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From public documents available, such as the electoral register.
2. Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data is an important part of our business, and we only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfill said purposes:
I. To help us identify you when you contact us.
II. To help us identify accounts, services and/or orders that you have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may use the Personal Data that you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
III. To help us manage our website and contact you regarding improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now, or will/may provide in the future.
IV. To allow marketing analyses, customer profiling (including transactional information), and conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
V. To help prevent and/or detect fraud and loss.
VI. To contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) regarding products and services offered by us and selected partners, unless you have previously opted out of this information.
VII. To monitor and record communications (including phone and email conversations) for quality assurance, representative training, and legal/industry compliance.
VIII. To cross reference your details with fraud prevention and other law enforcement agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this and report it to the appropriate authorities.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been justifiably asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In connection with any transaction that we enter into with you, called an “order”:
I. We, and other companies in our group, may perform credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We may keep a record of the search results. Information held about you by said agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address, especially if you are financially linked. These records will also be considered during credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and account payment details will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organizations to help reach credit and insurance decisions about you and/or members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved and missed payments.
II. If you purposefully provide false or misleading information to us and fraud is suspected, we will record this and share it with other people and organizations as appropriate. We and other credit/insurance companies may also use technology as a method of detecting and preventing fraud. If you need details regarding those credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies from which we may obtain and record your information, please contact us using the form provided on our website.
3. We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts input information.
- We reveal only the last few digits of credit card numbers when confirming an order. However, we transmit the entire card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards regarding collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures require us to request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized password and computer access. Be sure to log off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. The Internet
If you communicate with us via the internet, we may send occasional emails about our services and products. Please remember that communication over the Internet, such as through emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered, as is true for standard Internet practice. We do not take responsibility for any unauthorized access/loss beyond our reasonable control.
When we provide services, we work hard to make them useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placement of small data packets on your computer. These are called ‘cookies’. These cookies cannot be used for personal identification purposes and are used to improve services for you, such as:
- Allowing efficient page navigation
- Enabling the system to recognize your computer so that you don’t have to log in again for each page
- Saving previously entered information during the same session
- Measuring how many people are using a given service or service set so they can be simplified and ensuring enough capacity for maximum speed
Users typically have the opportunity to set their browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options, of course, means that personalized services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage regarding a website’s features. Refer to your browser’s Help section for specific guidance on how it allows you to manage cookies and how you may delete cookies from your computer. Multiple cookies may be found in a single file, depending on your browser.
7. Further Information